With a whole host of beer-filled food, film, education and music events on deck for the week, there’s sure to be something to suit any palate or passion. Check out the official Austin MASH event schedule below to see what’s coming up!
Austin Mash Tour Schedule
Tuesday, November 10, 2015:
Behind the Beer with Steve Hindy
- What and Who: Get the inside scoop on a selection of rare Brooklyn Brewery beers and stories from our early days from co-founder and chairman Steve Hindy
- Where: Easy Tiger, 709 E 6th Street
- When: Starts at 6:00 PM
Thursday, November 12, 2015:
· What and Who: Brooklyn Brewery’s Steve Hindy moderates a panel of Austin’s finest brewers (including Michael Graham of Austin Beerworks) alongside All About Beer’s John Holl, who discuss the hot button issues of today’s beer landscape. Where: Austin Beer Works, 3009 Industrial Terrace
- When: Starts at 6:00 PM (Tickets: $6)
- What and Who: The Found Footage Festival returns to Austin with a hilarious showcase of found video clips from across the country. Curators Joe Pickett (The Onion) and Nick Prueher (Letterman) take audiences on a guided tour of their latest and greatest VHS finds, providing live commentary and where-are-they-now updates on the people in these videotaped obscurities.
- Where: Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar, 1120 S Lamar Blvd.
- When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: $12)
Friday, November 13, 2015:
- What and Who: Chef Andrew Gerson and the Dinner Lab crew have come together to curate a pop-up dining experience in a surprise, non-traditional location. Expect an innovative multi-course menu alongside pairings of rare Brooklyn beers, Cholula Hot Sauce and a local band.
- Where: Surprise location, announced two days prior
- When: Starts at 7:00 PM (Tickets: $70-80)
Saturday, November 14, 2015:
- What and Who: Post-black metal rockers Deafheaven pound the Mash closing party into the Texas dust along with lots of Brooklyn Brewery beer and Swedish openers, Tribulation.
- Where: The Mohawk, 912 Red River St.
- When: Doors at 7:00 PM, show at 8:00 PM (Free with RSVP)
Sunday, November 15, 2015:
- What and Who: Three chefs, three beasts, one afternoon of live music, locally sourced food and beer all for a good cause. Chef Andrew Gerson (Brooklyn Brewery), Chef Zack Northcutt (Swift’s Attic), and another surprise Austin chef each prepare a unique whole animal for this fall feast, benefiting The Food Trust.
- Where: Location TBA
- When: Starts at 3:00 PM (Tickets $35)
TAP ATTACKS (non-ticketed tap-takeover events)
Wednesday, November 11, 2015:
- What and Who: Come one come all for some limited, rare and wondrous Brooklyn beers that rarely leave the borough.
- Where: Waller Creek Pub
- When: Starts at 6:00 PM
More tap takeovers announced in the coming weeks at www.brooklynbrewerymash.com/Austin
Follow The Brooklyn Brewery @brooklynbrewery #AustinMASH